Why Choose GS Hall?
- GS Hall is a privately New Zealand owned company supplying the food industry for over 50 years.
- GS Hall provide a wide range of food ingredients and specialty products to all industry categories.
- GS Hall supply herbs, spices, seasonings, dehydrated vegetables, seeds, oleoresins, colours, flavours, functionals, dairy powders and super foods.
- GS Hall operate the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety to provide customers the assurance that our business practices, systems and products meet predetermined, internationally recognised food safety, integrity and process criteria.
- Our significant customer base includes multi-nationals, specialist producers and manufacturers located throughout New Zealand and the asia-pacific region (APAC).
- The categories our customers operate in include condiments, sweet, savoury, bakery, dairy, snack foods, confectionery, meat processing, beverage, food service and pharmaceutical.
- GS Hall suppliers are all certified / accredited with a demonstrated ability to deliver.
- Risk management protocols are in place to ensure product quality and continuity of supply.
- GS Hall has the ability to source speciality ingredients on an ex stock basis.
- Management: Experienced food industry professionals with decades of experience.
- Technical: Qualified technologists in NPD, Applications, QA and Compliance.
- Sales: Experienced Technical Account Managers with broad experience.
- Operations: Experienced procurement, planning, manufacturing and warehouse personnel.
Our Technical Capabilities
- Fully equipped NPD lab with application capabilities (Two technologists).
- Fully equipped Quality Assurance / Micro / Sensory lab facilities (Two technologists).
- Technical regulatory compliance team supporting Account Managers and customers (Two technologists).
- On site office / laboratories / manufacturing facilities (wet & dry) / warehousing.
- Significant stock holding enabling same day / next day despatch to customers.
- National distribution network throughout New Zealand and APAC.
OUR focus on the future
- GS Hall are executing an active growth strategy with key focuses on increased customer partnering, NPD and manufacturing. The Company is also adding selected complimentary product categories to provide customers a broader range of solutions.
- To support this strategy, GS Hall have invested significantly over the past eighteen months in systems and personnel, including the implementation of a new ERP, CRM, warehouse management and planning, procurement and production systems.
GS Hall's Responsible Sourcing policy is at the core of the Company's procurement philosophy. We are comitted to conducting all business activities in a professional and ethical manner. We seek to establish and develop working relationships with Business Partners who demonstrate the same principles and share GS Hall's values and standards.
All suppliers must be able to demonstrate their commitment to ensuring their products are grown, processed and supplied ethically and sustainably.
In particular, GS Hall requires Business Partners to:
- Ensure products supplied comply with NZ requirements and legislation.
- Ensure products supplied are grown sustainably.
- Comply with the laws and regulations as set down by the jurisdiction for which their business operates.
- Compete fairly without receiving / paying bribes in order to achieve business objectives or to disadvantage other market participants.
- Ensure their work is undertaken without forced or child labour.
- Ensure workers' pay and working conditions comply with applicable legislation within their jurisdiction.
- Provide safe and healthy work places for their employees.
- Respect employees' right to the freedom of association and expression.
Where GS Hall becomes aware of a Business Partner participating in activities which are inconsistent with these requirements, the commercial relationship will be immediately concluded.
Company representatives travel to all countries and growing regions from where products are sourced to meet suppliers and view first-hand, the methods and means by which their products are produced.
BRC certification / NZ National Programme 3
In 2018 GS Hall adopted the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. This ensures our food safety, integrity and processes met predetermined internationally recognised standards.
GS Hall's BRC Global Standard rating is 'AA'.
In additional to our BRC certification, GS Hall also hold a New Zealand National Programme 3.
Net Promoter Score (NPS)
What our customers' think about us is very important.
We conduct regular customer surveys using the Net Promoter Score philosophy to obtain valuable customer insights about our Company and products. This system, allows us to capture what customers' value and as importantly, what we can improve.
If a customer suggests an area for improvement, we will do our best to integrate this into our service offering.
Below is a key word summary of feedback from customers over the past twelve months.